Toast with Goat Cheese, Fig + Honey
There is something about figs that just make everything seem fancy. Yet, they are extremely easy to use and versatile - you only need a few ingredients to accompany them. For Toast with Goat Cheese, Fig + Honey I sometimes add a little prosciutto or chili flake to give them a little kick.
- 4 slices of Sourdough bread
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese (chevre)
- ½ pint fresh figs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Sourwood Honey
- Place the slices of toast in the toaster or toaster oven.
- Spread goat cheese on toasts. Top each with a few slices of figs, then drizzle with honey. Season lightly with fresh cracked pepper (one or two turns of the grinder, not too much).
Makes 4 pieces of toast