Sweet Potato Toast
It took me a minute to wrap my head around the idea of sweet potato as a bread replacement. But, I tried it and I'm here to tell you: yes. Yes, it’s glorious. Try it!
If you have a mandoline, use it. If not, make sure your knife is sharp and take a slice off of one side of your potato then rest it, flat side–down on the cutting board to cut the rest of it into slices.
- 1 large sweet potato
- Fun toppings of your choice! (Try Apples, Almond Ginger Nut Butter, Honey, and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper to help prevent sticking.
- Slice the ends of the sweet potato off, then cut it lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices. Leave the skin on.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer on the baking sheet. No oil, it will make the slices too soft.
- Bake until the slices are tender but not falling apart, about 20 minutes. Serve warm with your favorite toast toppings.
The best part, you can store any leftover sweet potato slices in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. To reheat for an easy breakfast, simply pop them in your countertop toaster!