Roast Sweet Potato with Honey Butter + Pecans
Tender and baked just right, I guaranteed that once you’ve tasted these sweet potatoes with honey butter + pecans, they’ll become a regular addition to your lunch and dinner rotation. And, they’re perfect for Thanksgiving dinner too!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes with the skin on
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 3 tbsp Washington Buckwheat Honey
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup roasted pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap each sweet potato individually with aluminum foil.
- Place into oven on baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until softened (you can check by gently squeezing the potato to see if it gives).
- In a small bowl, combine softened butter, honey, and cinnamon. Using a stick blender with the whisk attachment (or, if you prefer, a whisk, stand mixer or hand mixer), whip the ingredients together until light and fluffy.
- When sweet potatoes are completely baked, slice each lengthwise but not all the way through. Scoop in whipped butter and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with chopped roasted pecans (or walnuts) if desired.