PB + J Grilled Cheese
A mix-up of two American classics that almost mimic the awesome tastes of a cheese plate when transformed into a grilled cheese. What might be the best part of this sandwich is that it can be made while at work with nothing more than a toaster oven by working with pre-cooked bacon.
- 2 slices of your favorite bread. I like sourdough.
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 tbsp Fig + Earl Grey Preserves (or your favorite jam)
- 1 tbsp Peanut Pecan Butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- 2 slices of white cheddar cheese
- 2 pats salted butter
- Begin by placing half of the white cheddar onto one slice of bread.
- Add preserves, nut butter and bacon. Add the remaining cheese and place the other piece of Artesano bread on top.
- Smear 1 pat of butter onto each side of the bread.
- Grill the sandwich in either a panini press or a cast iron skillet over medium heat until both sides of the bread are golden brown and the cheese has melted; about 5-10 minutes. Let rest for 30 seconds before serving.