It doesn’t get much easier than this: 5 ingredients, 5 minutes prep time, no fancy methods, and simple ingredients.
Almond milk, maple syrup and Peanut Pecan Butter make a creamy, flavorful base to soak the oats. Chia seeds add nutrition, a little crunch, and help them thicken.
For the Oats:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 3/4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Pecan Butter
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or sub coconut sugar or honey if desired)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Sliced fig, or berry of your choosing
- Flaxseed meal or additional chia seed
- Pecans, chopped
- Hemp seed or Granola
- To a mason jar or small bowl, add almond milk, chia seeds, peanut butter, and maple syrup (or another sweetener) and stir with a spoon to combine. The peanut butter doesn't need to be completely mixed in.
- Add oats and stir a few more times. Then press down with a spoon to ensure all oats have been moistened and are immersed in almond milk.
- Cover securely with a lid or plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 6 hours).
- The next day, open and enjoy as is or garnish with desired toppings (see options above).
- Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, though best within the first 12-24 hours.