Fig + Honey Glazed Salmon
Figs, honey, and salmon – an incredible combination. This beautiful dish looks, tastes, and feels gourmet. Make it for a special occasion or just as a nice treat for you to enjoy yourself.
- 4 fresh wild salmon fillets (3 oz. – 6 oz.)
- 6 fresh figs
- 1/2 cup raw Sourwood Honey
- 1 T chili powder
- 2 T Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey + Herbs
- 1 T Butcher’s Blend Sea Salt
- 2 t extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, vinegar, and chili powder. Let it simmer on low so that all the ingredients can combine and reduce into a sauce.
- Chop your figs into about ¼ inch thick wedges and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper with formed sides (like a large bowl). Pour about half of the honey glaze over the figs. Toss then put in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Dust the salmon filets in the sea salt seasoning.
- Turn the heat to medium-high on your cooktop.
- In a medium sauté pan add the olive oil. When the oil runs thin (when it’s heated), place the salmon fillets flesh side down.
- After the 5 minutes, turn the salmon and pour the rest of the honey glaze over them. Place in the oven for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and baste with the honey glaze that has melted off.
- Plate and enjoy!